Holistic, Integrated Resources:
- Mindfulness & Meditation Practices
- Energy Psychology
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Breathwork and Relaxation Techniques
- Grounding Exercises
- Body Awareness
- Using Sound in Healing
- Sandtray Therapy
- ART Acceleratetd Resolution Therapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- On Vulnerability and Shame (the fear of disconnection - I'm not good enough vs courage, worthiness, whole heartedness & empathy):
Brené Brown's TED TALK YouTube on Vulnerability - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o
Brene Brown's TED TALK YouTubeon Listening to Shame - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ifUM1DYKg
Brene Brown's TED TALK YouTubeon Why Your Critics Aren't The Ones That Count
- 40 Super Psychology Blogs (http://www.spring.org.uk/2009/07/40-superb-psychology-blogs.php)
- 5 Languages of Love (Chapman) (www.5languages.com/blog)
- Esther Perel - International Couples & Intimacy Expert (www.estherperel.com/category/media/blog/share)
- Terence Real - Couples and Male Depression Expert (http://realadvice.typepad.com/)
- Sue Johnson - Author of Hold Me Tight (www.holdmetight.net/blog)
Book Resources: Individual and Couple
2023 Recommended Reading List for Issues related to Abandonment and Attachment
Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents, Lindsay C. Gibson, PsyD, (Book - 2015) This book includes a quiz, how to spot emotionally mature parents, and how to assess family dynamics and styles of emotionally immature parents. It also explains internal processing & how these communication style differences (internalizers & externalizers) affect relationships. Overall a very good and straight forward read!
How To Do The Work : Recognizing Your Patterns, Heal from your Past & Create Your Self Love of Your Life by Dr. Nicole LePera (2021).
Moving On : Dump Your Relationship Baggage and Make Room for the Love of Your Life by Russell Friedman and John W. James (Aug 25 2006). Six Myths About Sadness: 1) Don't Feel Bad, 2) Replace the Loss, 3) Grieve Alone, 4) Time Heals All Wounds, 5) Be Strong, and 6) Keep Busy. These authors provide concrete tools to move forward after relationship loss.
Healing Words explores science's bias with spiritual prayer and distance healing. It challenges ideas of how we define consciousness and connection through empirical review of existing research. It discusses a number of facets of the effectiveness of spiritual prayer and distance healing along with cautions for its use. It is undoubedly the most interesting book I've read in some time.
Published in 1991, Allied in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child, by Laura Davis is a book for persons recovering from abuse and their partners. It outlines both partner stories and provide basic education on symptoms and the recovery process. This book is helpful in understanding difficulties related to boundaries, expressing needs, coping with flashbacks, lack of desired, differences in sexual needs, and frustrations. It offers assistance with crisis management, intimacy issues such as control, safety, trust, and fighting. It also offers suggestions for interactions with the survivor's family. Let me know whether you find this a helpful resource.